Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stuck on the island!

My bags are packed, I am ready to go since monday. I was looking forward to leaving -not on a jet plane but by ferry- to go and visit my boys in Thessaloniki. But it is not happening. The weather has changed again dramatically and heavy rain and storms have stopped all the ships and so I am stuck. I hope to get to Thessaloniki at least by friday because that will be my eldest birtday and it will be his 20th!


View from above at the jetty in the harbour
(photo taken by Skiathosbooks)
In the meantime I am working on an update of our taverna's website, which I have neglected for too long. I want to make it as blog so it is easier to update.


3 comments:

Ariadne said...

Today it is snowing all day but only now it started making cars in the neighbourhood white! But all around the city it is totally snowed and schools are closed. I heard it is going to be worse at the weekend!AriadnefromGreece!

Lisa said...

Can you tell me about your little island. Like do you have a large supermarket and mall for shopping?
Do alot of people live there ? and how big is it in miles? I am curious.

Dream on the wave said...

Lisa, That sounds like a good idea, I could do that. This morning we had no electricity because of the bad weather. Luckily it didn't last more than some hours. Now I am getting ready to leave by ferry (finally) and very soon I'll definitely write details about my island.
Many greetings, Frieda