Monday, February 22, 2010

Let me take you on a walk



During the wintermonths my friends take this walk 3 times a week, weather permitting.



I try to join them as often as I can, but I can never make it three times a week. Anyway, let me show you the walk we did today.


We started in front of the highschool at about 9 o'clock and walked straight to the harbour.







From there we follow the road towards the lake








We pass by the old windmill


and the end of the runway of our airport




There is also a small archeological site with findings of minoan times


From this beach you can see in the far the snow-topped mountain that gave our little island it's name.



There wasn't much traffic on the road.






We passed through wonderful olivegroves, where the wild flowers are starting to bloom.



After a good hour's walk we were back in our deserted high street and on our way to our favorite street side cafe for a well deserved capuccino

Of course if you sit here, it never takes long before we are joined by more friends.

Today we were also treated to some yummy fresh pies.


Unexpected pleasures....


No comments: