Sunday, February 28, 2010

When everything aligns....

A few weeks ago I did a little experiment with something that should become a phototransfer. Whenever I discover something new on one of these wonderful blog and sites, I can't wait to try it myself. But living on a small island has the disadvantage that it s not so easy to find the right supplies. So I always end up in experimenting with what I have. Many times it works very well. In this case I ended up with a little plastic kind of transferred picture, not bad, but I didnt know what to do with it and just stuck it on my moodboard. It looked like it should be on a bag somehow. But what kind of bag? And anyway I am not a sewer so it stays on the board.


Last friday I read Jessica's post on How about Orange and there it was: the bag I had visioned. I still can't believe what happenend next: I ran upstairs to my (almost) clutterfree room -see previous post- and opened a basket I hadn't decluttered yet and to my big surprise found a piece of material in there that I had no memory of ever putting in there. It was exactly the size I needed. Sewing machine on the table and behind it my laptop with the pictured instructions of Sew mama sew because as I mentioned I am not a sewer. One hour later I ended up with this bag and I am so pleased with myself and proud to show it here.


No comments: