Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First full moon this summer

Every year in May I am looking forward to the full moon. It is such a spectacular view from where I live and work.
There is this saying that a picture is worth more than a thousand words. In this case you will have to draw the picture in your mind because my little camera would do no justice to this truly amazing sight.
Overlooking the dark blue sea, in the distance are two tiny islands and from behind the left island rises a gigantic orange ball. It is bigger than the small island. It rises so fast that you can almost see it move. In a few minutes it will reach its highest point and slowly change in colour from orange to yellow and throw a beam of light over the sea. It is breathtaking.
There are not so many guests dining at the taverna at the moment, it is only the beginning of the season, but I know for sure every one of them feels blessed to be able to admire it.
And that is how I feel too.

2 comments:

Ariadne said...

What a poetic blog post!I hope you have a great summer!AriadnefromGreece!

Dream on the wave said...

Thank you Ariadne! And I promise you...if you would see this moon you would get poetic too.
Many greetings, Frieda
ps I am waiting for the muffin recipe!